Pioneering the Future of Energy
FortZED tries cutting-edge technology developed by university researchers, City utility experts and businesses. Under this umbrella, trial-and error experiments are welcome and help push ideas into real-world applications! As an example, FortZED provided the structure for university researchers to test use of distributed power – power located close to the company/electric consumer – on the City’s electrical grid.
This collaborative, “whole systems approach” is designed to move Fort Collins toward a more efficient and sustainable future. This is accomplished by:
- Increasing renewable energy production
- Improving energy efficiency
- Managing peak energy usage
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
It’s up to all of us to create and participate in renewable production and energy efficiency programs for our community.
- Convener / Facilitator: attract and connect people to resources
- Promoter: recruit participants, help them promote their participation
- Project Designer: encourage projects that demonstrate real-world value
- Communicator: engage the community through collective projects and widespread participation
Learn about FortZED’s Renewable and Distributed Systems Integration (RDSI) Case Study.